Very boring recent experience convinces me that I need them to keep the site enjoyable and useful without resorting to ad hoc censoring.
1. No nasty personal attacks (I decide what’s nasty).
2. I will in general allow creationist comment, but may shorten for brevity and (to the extent that such a thing is possible with creationism) clarity. See also Rules 3, 4, 5, 7 and 8.
3. No it’s-all-in-the-mind or similar metaphysical woo.
4. I will truncate irrelevant or boring peripheral discussions. I decide what’s irrelevant or boring and peripheral, but a recent example is a discussion about prize-winning toilet access when the original posting was about marketing creationism to children. And I am very easily bored by discussions about free will or the existence of God.
5. If you make exactly the same point in two successive comments, you don’t get a third bite at the cherry.
6. If I edit a comment, for whatever reason, I will say that I have done so and why.
7. I will not in general allow comments that are off-topic.
8. The rules mean what I say they mean. No appeal.